As I mentioned in my spending and savings plan post, I will feel free to spend money on anything in my list of “needs.” So here it is!
- Gas for cars (Connor and I both commute 35+ miles a day and one of us drives 2 1/2 hours to the other one’s city each weekend)
- Prescriptions and medical care as needed
- Dog food and vet visits, occasional grooming (I’m not so good at cutting dog nails)
- Regular car maintenance, registration, insurance
- Personal care (makeup, hair care, soap etc., only when something runs completely out, and I will look for a coupon first)
- Professional license and organization yearly fees
- Household cleaning maintenance (trying to make do with what I already have, only buy when something runs completely out, and look for coupons)
And some exceptions:
- Anything related to the wedding until June (it’s already pretty low budget, and we’re currently spending below our planned expenses)
- Other job-related necessities
And anything not on this list will count towards my $100 spending allowance for each month. So far, I’ve done really well this month. Only spent $3.50 on non-needs in the first 10 days!